On behalf of Annuity Alliance, our team would like to say “Happy Thanksgiving” and wish you and your loved ones a day full of splendor and gratitude. Thanksgiving reminds us to give thanks and to count our blessings.
Here’s a few Thanksgiving facts to share around the table this year:
- Four towns in the U.S. are named turkey: Turkey Creek, Arizona; Turkey, Texas; Turkey Creek, Louisiana; and Turkey, North Carolina.
- Americans consume 8.1 billion calories at Thanksgiving every year with the average person consuming between 3,000 to 4,500 calories.
- The world’s most expensive Thanksgiving dinner is $150,000 at New York City’s Old Homestead Steakhouse (2018).
- An estimated 46 million turkeys are killed for Thanksgiving each year.
- 100,000+ questions are answered by the Butterball turkey hotline each November and December.
- Favorite side dishes include: stuffing (23%); pumpkin pie (12%); mashed potatoes (9%); sweet potatoes (6%) and cranberry sauce (3%).
- $552 million is spent on Thanksgiving turkeys each year.
- 53% of people planning to celebrate Thanksgiving are dreading having to talk politics.
- The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade route is 2.65 miles with more than 8,000 people participating and 3.5 million people attending
May stuffing be tasty, your turkey plump, your potatoes and gravy have no lumps, and your yams be delicious. And of course, your pie should take the prize for a best Thanksgiving ever. Happy Thanksgiving from Annuity Alliance!