Annuities Help People Feel Better Prepared for Retirement
From providing lifetime income and preserving a portion of your hard-earned assets to giving you the opportunity to grow your retirement dollars, annuities can help you achieve the retirement you want.
Ownership of annuities is correlated with an increased level of retirement preparedness. Baby Boomers who have made the decision to purchase financial products specifically oriented toward retirement income are more likely to have taken positive steps to prepare for retirement
Why do people buy annuities?
- Supplement retirement income
- Grow retirement dollars
- Receive guaranteed lifetime income
Here are some interesting statistics about retirement preparedness.
- 55% of Americans have less than $10,000 saved for retirement
- 7 in 10 retirees who own an annuity are more confident their savings and investments will not run out if they live to age 90
- 73% of Baby Boomers believe they will have enough money in retirement
- 53% expect to have money for basic expenses for the future
- 71% of women with annuities are confident with approaching retirement
People who own annuities are better prepared for retirement, feel more economically satisfied, expect to be able to enjoy leisure activities in the future, and are confident they will have sustainable income throughout their retirement years.