Sharing Some Ideas for Celebrating Memorial Day
With the COVID-19 pandemic still affecting how gathering and celebrations occur, consumers are looking for ways to enjoy the Memorial Day weekend with activities designed to keep their family and friends safe and entertained.
Memorial Day is very important in our country’s history and it’s a time to honor those men and women who gave their lives for our country while serving in the Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines to protect our freedom.
Annuity Alliance is sharing a couple of ideas of things you can do with your loved ones to celebrate Memorial Day in different ways as we hope you all get a chance to relax and enjoy it. And… remember those we’ve lost.
- Post a graphic, message, or story to a social media site
- Shop veteran-owned businesses
- Donate to a non-profit organization that supports veterans
- Take a moment of silence. The National Moment of Remembrance, established by Congress in 2000, is a minute-long pause meant to raise awareness of and commemorate those who served (3:00 p.m. local time on Memorial Day)
- Write and send Thank You cards to veterans through A Million Thanks
- Send care packages to deployed personnel and veterans through Operation Gratitude
- Volunteer in your local community to support a veteran support organization or VA hospital
- Take a virtual tour of the White House!
We hope you will enjoy the barbecues and relaxing time off, but taking a few moments to give back to support our veterans, their memory, and those who continue to keep the United States safe and free in the Armed Forces. Thank you to all of our veterans and service members.